Monday, September 23, 2013

I’m getting over the shock

I have to tell you that the fridge breaking down again really threw me for a loop.  I didn’t sleep well last night, and I woke up with a lot of anxiety and thoughts streaming through my head over this.  Things like worst case scenarios, finances, when can I leave here, etc., etc.…

73 Tamarac NWR, 201331

Attending the staff meeting first thing this morning didn’t help one bit as there was talk of things that needed to be accomplished before freeze up. Disappointed smile  That made my nervous stomach do a loop-de-loop.  I busied myself with refilling all of the kiosks with pamphlets and other things on a list I’d been given for chores this week.  It helped some to be busy, but not enough.

IMG_0266My state of mind improved some in the afternoon.  As I was going to the maintenance shop to do some more laminating, John and Bridget (who visited me on Saturday) were outside on the ramp talking to Janice about volunteering here next summer.  That would be nice.  When I finished the laminating, all four of us were chatting, and John volunteered to take a look at my fridge.  He is a man of many talents.

His diagnosis was that he thought the compressor had died, and he thought it could be replaced through the outside access so I wouldn’t have to round up some help to take the fridge out of the cabinet area it is ensconced in.  I sure hope he is right, as this means there is a real possibility that it could be fixed here.

Of course, I didn’t get a call from any repair place today, but I’m hopeful for tomorrow.  John really helped relieve a lot of my anxiety.  I think I’ll be able to sleep tonight.  One of the disadvantages of travelling solo is that you don’t have anyone to share your fears and anxieties with.  Sad smile

IMG_0263 IMG_0264

After making my 20 mile round trip run for bags of ice, Emma and I sat outside this evening.  I’d been too upset during the day to take any photos, so as I relaxed I found tonight’s pics in my yard outside the rig.  Since last week’s rains, all sorts of mushrooms are popping up, and there are some small wildflowers giving their last hurrah before colder weather sets in. 

IMG_0237 IMG_0240

I’ll leave you tonight with a couple of shots of Emma on squirrel watch duty.  See how her ears are standing up?  It’s been very windy around here the last two days with gusts up to 45 mph.  It blows her ears straight up on edge.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment